DON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR THIEVES AT CHRISTMAS
The Christmas period is a prime time for burglaries with high value gifts often on show and under the Christmas tree and families on holiday. The Christmas Crime Prevention Campaign from Northamptonshire Police is from the viewpoint of a burglar. There are some very easy steps you can take to keep your home safe:
- Keep your valuables out of sight, including Christmas gifts under the tree.
- Don't rely on dogs protecting your home. If a burglar is armed with food and treats, a dog may be easily distracted from acting as 'guard dog' for your property.
- Don't leave items such as garden tools and ladders available for burglars to use to break into your home.
- Taking a festive break? Don't make it obvious that you are going away.
- Windows open? Don't let thieves have easy access to your home.
- Beware of distraction burglars trying to enter your home. If you don't know them, don't open the door.
To view the full range of posters, visit the Upton Parish Council's Facebook page.
Posted: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 12:49 by Michelle Orpin