Spring in Upton Parish
Upton Parish Winter Frost
New Homes Being Built
Playpark at Marina Gardens
Upton Parish Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make this a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2018
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
1. Date of announcement___11th July 2018___
2. Each year the smaller authority's Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities' Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review. Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to: More »
Name: Ms Nina Villa
Smaller Authority: Interim Parish Clerk
Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 07887 420 725
Commencing on: 11th July 2018
Ending on: 23rd August 2018
3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
4. The smaller authority's AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO's Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
This announcement is made by Nina L Villa, Interim Parish Clerk
Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:21 by Nina Villa
The Royal British Legion Duston and District Branch have organised a coach trip to the National Arboretum on Wednesday 8th August 2018.
Families are welcome to join the Royal British Legion and enjoy a memorable day at the UK's year-round centre of Remembrance and a maturing 150 acre Arboretum.
The Arboretum consists of memorial, woodland landscape, shopping, eateries or you are welcome to bring your own picnic. More »
Services are provided for those struggling to walk. Please follow the link for further information: http://www.thenma.org.uk/
Tickets including transport are only £5 per person to Burton on Trent. To book your tickets, please contact the Secretary on 07464 333509 or email email@example.com. The deadline is Friday 14th July.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:36 by Michelle Orpin
The July Meeting of Upton Parish Council has Been CANCELLED.
The next meeting will be on 6th August 2018
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 09:54 by Tony Earle
Upton parish: bigger than you may think…
Stortons Gravel Pits from National Lift Tower (John Boland)
Our parish doesn't just cover the new housing that's sprung up recently in this part of the town. Upton parish spans an area as far as the former St Crispin's Hospital site, off Berrywood Road in Duston to the sustainable Upton Park development off Weedon Road, neighbouring Sixfields. Some 3664 people live in the parish, according to the 2011 census.